The INFOGEST Cost Action organised a training school for PhD students from the European institutions participating in the INFOGEST network.
The training school was entitled “Food Digestion and Human Health” and comprised a series of lectures on the following topics presented by senior participants of the INFOGEST network.
Presentations are available in pdf format - click on the title to open:
- Food structure/processing (Dr Jean-Baptiste Boitte, CAD Instruments, France),
- Food structure vs. nutrients bioavailability (Dr Amélie Deglaire, Agrocampus Ouest, INRA, Rennes, France),
- Digestion (in vitro, in silico, modelling) (Dr Alan Mackie, Institute of Food Research, Norwich, United Kingdom),
- Transport of nutrients in the gut (diffusion, absorption) (Dr Adam Macierzanka, Institute of Food Research, Norwich, United Kingdom; INRA – Agrocampus Ouest, Rennes, France)
- Nutrigenomics and nutrigenetics (Dr Agnieszka Bartoszek, Gdansk University of Technology, Gdansk, Poland),
- Food – gut immune system interplay (Prof Tor Lea, Norwegian University of Life Science, Aas, Norway),
- Food allergy (Dr Charlotte Madsen, National Food Institute, Technical University of Denmark, Soborg, Denmark),
- Food - gut microbiota interactions (Dr Paul D. Cotter, Teagasc Food Research Centre, Cork, Ireland).
The training school co-ordinator: Dr Adam Macierzanka, Institute of Food Research, Norwich, United Kingdom; Agrocampus Ouest, INRA, Rennes, France.